Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Mom.

(The title of this post is my mom because, when I asked Katie what the title should be, she responded with "Your mom." So, there you have it.)

Moving beyond her fierce tendencies, Katie and I recently visited the Japanese Gardens, which is by the Washington State Arboretum, which I know about. When we arrived (thanks to our trusty bikes), they wouldn't even let us in. 

After a few minutes of furious knocking, they eventually acquiesced and let us frolic inside. I played cameraman through the entryway for your viewing pleasure.

The midday sun was high in the sky and, naturally, I did what any meerkat would do to escape the heat of the desert - I sought comfort with a refreshing swim.

Unfortunately, Katie said no and I was stuck posing for pictures instead. 

We saw some very beautiful flowers.

Some of them even smelled funny to our acute meerkat noses.


(Now that's a cute meerkat nose). But the most exciting aspect of the garden, and what tickled our meerkat instincts the most, was the abundance of animal friends we made throughout the day.

Some of them even had trouble swimming in the same pond together without colliding.

Oh No! Watch out!


In the end, we're all friends as long as we

2 comments:

J. Thomas said...

In your next blog, you should publish your story. I'm glad you made yourself late to class doing this.

Sisters! said...

Lovely. Let's go to the Japanese Gardens again and again! My blog is jealous that you got to post the gardens on your blog.